℗ 2006 Tool Dissectional, L.L.C./Volcano Entertainment II, L.L.C..
10,000 Days Tracklist:
Like I don’t know what’s worse, the fact that any generic sheeple in these reviews idolizes a track you have to album that I quite think is Rnse&Rpt “Metal” that they claim is “top shelf” rock and roll...there’s plenty of more invigorating music. If you are a die hard condom sniffer for “muh deep meaning”, big rock candy mountain it’ll be...
My favorite Tool album. Fantastic all the way through. Initially (since I started listening to them five years ago), I loved Aenima and Lateralus and didn’t care for this one, but over time, I’ve come to enjoy the former two a little less (still great though), while this one has done nothing but grow on me.
despite me having paid the full amount required and several attempts to authorize it. After it claims my computer IS authorized, it continues to require authorization on the first attempt to play and any and all attempts following. Please open the PATHWAY and provide me with the music I've purchased the right to enjoy. THANKS in advance.
98% of my music taste is EDM or deep house. Tool makes up the other 2%. This was the first Tool CD I heard and that was in 2008. This is one of a few albums that I could listen to for another decade and still love it
I love how ahead of its time that this album was. It is still so relevant today if not more relevant than before. Vicarious is spot on with today’s world and the whole album is a work of art. You can get away with starting track 1 and listening to the whole thing without skipping ANY song or skit
Just doesn’t do it for me. I loved everything up through 10,000 days and then they took a turn in sound that I can’t absorb. Same with APC’s latest one, Maynard is just going a different direction.
Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, Chief. We was comin' back from the island of Tinian to Leyte, just delivered the bomb. Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in twelve minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half an hour. Tiger. Thirteen-footer. You know how you know that when you're in the water, Chief? You tell by lookin' from the dorsal to the tail. What we didn't know... was our bomb mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. Heh. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, sharks come cruisin'. So we formed ourselves into tight groups. Y'know, it's... kinda like ol' squares in a battle like, uh, you see in a calendar, like the Battle of Waterloo, and the idea was, shark comes to the nearest man and that man, he'd start poundin' and hollerin' and screamin', and sometimes the shark'd go away... sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark, he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. Y'know the thing about a shark, he's got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'... until he bites ya. And those black eyes roll over white, and then... oh, then you hear that terrible high-pitch screamin', the ocean turns red, in spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin', they all come in and they rip you to pieces. Y'know, by the end of that first dawn... lost a hundred men. I dunno how many sharks. Maybe a thousand. I dunno how many men, they averaged six an hour. On Thursday mornin', Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland- baseball player, boatswain's mate. I thought he was asleep, reached over to wake him up... bobbed up and down in the water just like a kinda top. Upended. Well... he'd been bitten in half below the waist. Noon the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us, he swung in low and he saw us. Young pilot, a lot younger than Mr. Hooper. Anyway, he saw us and come in low and three hours later, a big fat PBY comes down and start to pick us up. Y'know, that was the time I was most frightened, waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a life jacket again. So, eleven hundred men went into the water, three hundred sixteen men come out, and the sharks took the rest. Anyway... we delivered the bomb.
It’s a step down from previous albums but the opening 2 songs, Vicarious and The Pot made it worth the purchase way back in the Jurassic period when it was released. The rest of the disc is like the just released single, Fear Inoculum. Dull and plodding, with some good moments here and there.
But still really good.. Rosetta Stoned is great. I’ll never look at William Manspeaker the same again. I think the low point is Right in Two. Meh... Yet, the Pot is a great song to sing in the car..
I have been waiting a long time for TOOL to be on iTunes. I have all their physical cds from before I had a smartphone/mp3 player to download music. For TOOL fans this is good news. Hopefully it means the long awaited new album is coming soon. Now I have my fingers crossed 🤞🤞🤞that TOOL’s Salival (live) album also becomes available.